Saturday, July 21, 2007

BIO GRAPHY OF LEONA AXELSEN

Leona Axelsen Ringström
Swedish with light blonde hair and blue eyes
born 1989 in Sweden
5'7.5" ; 172cm
'Mikas' , Stockholm

Appearing on runways and top magazine covers around the world, Leona Ringström isn't the kind of fashion model you'll easily forget. This stunning blond-haired Swedish beauty has taken the fashion industry by storm with her charming blue eyes and her lithe appearances in front of the camera.
As a consequence we had to interview Leona for our model of the month in July...


How did you get started in the modeling business?
Leona: One of my mothers friends knows Mika Kjellberg (the owner of Mika's), she recommended me to go to Mika's and talk with the agency and take some polaroids.

Did you ever think you'd be doing this?
Leona: I didn't really think about modeling before, so when the suggestion came up it made me interested but at the same time a bit unsure because I didn't know anything about it.

What do you like most about modeling? What do you like least?
Leona: As a 18 year old girl I get the opportunity to visit many countries and see things that most of my friends never gonna experience. I like that you meet a lot of people from different cultures and in all ages, and also it's so fun that I now have friends in all kind of cities. For me it can be hard sometimes to be away from my friends and family a long time and sometimes you feel so lonely when you're coming to a totally new city by myself. Because everything is so new and you don't know anyone.

Have you encountered any surprises along the way?
Leona: I didn't expected things to be the way they are. So of course many surprises is coming up, but often in a positive way.

Ever get tempted to get pulled into the party scene?
Leona: I like to go out and have fun with my friends, I mean almost everybody like partying but you have to remember where to put your limits. But I also have to do my job and that means I can't go out partying every day.

Have you developed any new interests since you started modeling?
Leona: I started reading alot more. It's a really good way to relaxe and waist time, I mean it's alot of waiting when you're a model.

What are your favourite things to do in your free time?
Leona: I like dancing, shopping, hang out with my friends and family.

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?
Leona: I love New York and I had so much fun there. Also when I went to Japan, it was my first travel as a model and everything was so new and different, it was so far from home so it was a little bit hard sometimes, but it was a great experience.

Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?
Leona: My parents support me alot, but also my agencies, of course they're not as personal as my parents, but they helping me out if I'll need it.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?
Leona: That's so hard to say by now. But I really wanna see myself working with kids/teenagers that have problems, or at least I wanna do something that's not only good for me.

What are your beauty secrets? How do you stay in shape?
Leona: If you put too much pressure on yourself it will never work, try to think in a possitive way. Walk alot insted of taking the subway and stuff like that.

What would you want people to know about you?
Leona: Isn't this enough? ;)

Any advice for new models? What advice would you give other models starting out?
Leona: Don't take everything to personal and you have to be serious about the job but still have alot of fun around it.

Favorite all-time model:
Leona: Elsa Hosk and Isabel Brismar-Lind. Big love!

Favourite kind of food:
Leona: Spicy food is the best.

Favourite kind of music:
Leona: Mostly hip hop, but I'm listening to all kinds actually.

Favourite quote:
Leona: Hakuna matata.. No i don't know.

I'd like to meet:
Leona: Elvis, just cause I know it's impossible.

If I were trapped on an island I'd take:
Leona:The plane back home...

No comments: